RANTOUL CITY SCHOOLS #137
Remote Learning Plan Pre-K - 5th Grade
Rantoul City Schools is planning to allow all students to return to schools this fall following a hybrid model in accordance with the guidelines from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). The full guidelines for schools from ISBE and IDPH can be found here: ISBE Reopening Guidelines. ISBE Transition Guidance.
These guidelines have and will likely continue to change in the weeks to come. This may mean that this plan will have to be updated and altered.
The basic guidelines are as follows:
● All persons in our schools must wear face masks at all times.
● More than 50 individuals are prohibited from gathering in any one space.
● Social distancing will be observed as much as possible.
● Symptom screenings and temperature checks must be completed before entering school buildings.
● An increase in school-wide cleaning and disinfection.
RCS will conduct a hybrid model of instruction during the 2020-2021 school year. The hybrid model is a combination of both at-home learning and in-person learning while following the guidelines set forth by the Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Department of Health and various area-wide educational union representation. Our plan allows families two primary choices:
1. BlendEd Academy. Students follow a BlendEd Academy model (Blended Education Academy model) of two days of in-person learning per week and three days of at-home learning per week (in a typical five-day week). The two days in-person will be approximately 4 hrs long in the morning. See below for sample schedules.
2. LEARN Academy. The student remains at home and participates in the LEARN (Learners Engaging At-home in RaNtoul) Academy model. LEARN Academy allows students to learn remotely and not attend school in-person
RCS 137 full plan and details can be found here.